Step 2: Decide on the Priority Recruitment and Retention Focus (Job Position) [2.1.0.f]
If you are following this process in its entirety, you have completed:
In Step 1, you identified retention, turnover, and vacancy rates for your organization and data on effective and ineffective recruitment and retention practices.
If you complete Step 2 you will have:
- Summarized the recruitment and retention data;
- Defined the problem;
- Identified the job position that is most critical to the recruitment and retention challenge;
- Developed an understanding of how to effectively use key stakeholders; and
- Identified tools to help make decisions regarding recruitment and retention.
The second step in building a recruitment and retention plan is to decide on what problem or challenge will be addressed as the priority. Once baseline information is gathered in Step 1, a review should highlight some problem areas or areas needing focus. You may need to bring in stakeholders or an advisory board. Whether the advisory board is a group of 2 or 10, different perspectives on the problem can be beneficial to bringing in new ideas to resolve old problems. Having a wide range of options will aid in understanding and meeting the identified needs related to your problem statement as defined in Step 1. It will also promote participation in the decision process and commitment to the solution by looking at all concerns and respecting stakeholder values.
Choice of Approach for Completion:
- Step-by-step instructional
- Define the problem;
- Identify needs;
- Develop objectives;
- Identify resources and constraints;
- Identify potential options;
- Establish and apply screening criteria;
- Develop and evaluate alternatives; and
- Select the priority challenge that will be the focus.
The resources will help to summarize your recruitment and retention data and then use that information to identify the most critical job position.
- Access to resources, no instruction
Access to the same resources is listed below without the instructional materials.
There are two types of resources to help you in this step.
Resources to assist with making the decision include:
Resources to support the decision makers include:
Submit your Feedback
|Upload or attach a document:
Go to Chapter: